Help / FAQ
What is Austin Sweeps?
Austin Sweeps is a directory of sweepstakes run by businesses in and around Austin.
I would like to get notified when new sweepstakes are added to the directory
Easy peasy, just sign up here to receive notifications with the latest sweepstakes added to Austin Sweeps. You can chose to receive notifications of sweepstakes in all or only certain prize categories. You may also chose to get email notifications on a daily, weekly, or bi-weekly basis.
I would like to receive special offers, promotions, free stuff from businesses
When you sign up to receive notifications with the latest sweepstakes added to Austin Sweeps, you also have the option to sign up to receive special offers, promotions, free stuff from local businesses.
I want to edit my or unsubscribe from receiving sweepstakes notifications and/ or special offers, promotions, free stuff from businesses
If you want to edit or remove your subscriptions or make edits to your account, log in here and edit away.
The sweepstakes link is broken
If you find a broken sweepstakes link, please let us know by clicking on the “Report a problem” link underneath the sweepstakes.
The sweepstakes link doesn’t take me to a sweepstakes
If the sweepstakes link does not take you to a sweepstakes, please let us know.
I would like to suggest a sweepstakes
If you want to suggest a sweepstakes, please click of the “Suggest a sweepstakes” link on the right hand side of every page or contact us via our contact form.
I would like to see only certain sweepstakes
Sweepstakes can be sorted by Prize Category, Sweepstakes Type (e.g. newsletter subscription, photo contest, ect.), Entry Type (e.g. single entry, daily entry, ect.), Expiration Date, and Rating (0-5 stars). See navigation on the left hand side. You may also search for a sweepstakes by using our Search Box on the right hand side of each page.
Does Austin Sweeps run the sweepstakes listed in the directory?
No. Austin Sweeps is not associated with any of the sweepstakes or the businesses that run the sweepstakes listed in the directory. The sweepstakes are completely run and managed by the respective businesses. Austin Sweeps solely lists the sweepstakes in the Austin Sweeps directory.
What type of sweepstakes can I enter?
There are many different ways to enter a sweepstakes. The most common entry methods include:
1. Online Sweepstakes — Online sweepstakes allow you to enter using any device with an internet connection.
2. Email Sweepstakes — To enter an Email sweepstakes you send the sponsor an email with your entry information.
3. Mail-In Sweepstakes — To enter an Mail-In sweepstakes you send your entry to the sponsor by postal mail.
4. Call-In Sweepstakes — To enter a Call-in sweepstakes you dial a specific phone number and give your entry information to a representative.
5. Drop Boxes — You fill out an entry form and drop it in a box at the respective business or sweepstakes locations (e.g. supermarkets, malls, conventions, local businesses).
6. Text Message Sweepstakes — To enter a Text Message Sweepstakes you use your cell phone to text the entry information to a specific phone number.
7. Twitter Sweepstakes — Twitter is a micro-blogging platform that companies are using to give away prizes.
8. Facebook Sweepstakes — Facebook is a very popular social media website, which many companies are using to offer sweepstakes.
9. Radio Contests — Many radio stations offer giveaways with prizes ranging from concert and movie tickets to cars and cash.
10. Blog Contests — Blogs are a powerful voice on the internet, so companies are turning to them to offer giveaways promoting their products.
I’m looking for something in particular. Do you have a search box to help me find what I’m looking for?
Yes, there’s a Search Box on the right hand side of each page.
I want to share a sweepstakes with a friend
Underneath every sweepstakes you can find social media plug ins you can use to share a sweepstakes.
How do I rate a sweepstakes?
Underneath every sweepstakes you can find the “Rate” button where you can rate the sweepstakes from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest) stars.
How do the winner(s) of a sweepstakes get picked?
The winner(s) of a sweepstakes are picked by the business that runs the sweepstakes. The sweepstakes listed in the Austin Sweeps directory are run and managed by the respective businesses.
I won a sweepstakes but haven’t received my prize yet
Please contact the business that ran the sweepstakes directly. Austin Sweeps is not associated with any of the sweepstakes or the businesses that run the sweepstakes listed in the directory. The sweepstakes are run and managed by the respective businesses.